Google Maps – Update 2020 Google Maps 15th Birthday Updates
You have for sure used Google maps more than once even when you knew that it could possibly mislead you to roads that do not exist. Google maps is generally a reliable GPS app and this app celebrated its 15th birthday in the first week of Feb 2020. To mark its 15th birthday, Google Maps app redesigned its interface and has given a facelift. Google has also redesigned the Google Maps logo.
The all new Google Maps app is available in both Android and iOS. Google announced its latest features of Google Maps app on 6 Feb 2020: Google Maps – blog.google/products/maps/maps-15th-birthday/
This is what Google had to say about the update:
“Starting today, you’ll see an updated Google Maps app for Android and iOS that gives you everything you need at your fingertips with five easy-to-access tabs: Explore, Commute, Saved, Contribute and Updates.”
The latest changes in Google Maps are listed below:
- The Explore tab brings ratings, reviews and loads of info about over 200 million places across the globe. This includes local attractions, top landmarks in the city and attractions close to your location.
- The commute tab gives you the shortest route, rather the most efficient route based on real time traffic updates. You will also get suggestions for alternative routes.
- Google reveals that over 6.5 billion places are saved on Google Maps. With the latest updates, it is possible to access these places in one place. You will now be able to organize your trips better with these saved places.
- Using the latest contribute tab it is possible for you to easily share info about the places one visits. You can update info about missing places, business reviews, roads and addresses.
- The latest updates tab gives you info on the trending places or spots based on the contributions from the local experts and publishers.
- Google has announced that it is also updating its new look for its icon.